Cork Architecture practice granted permission for new low energy office building in 2017 for 1894 Mill office conversion!
This CastleMartyr, Co. Cork building is named St. Joseph’s Mill and was constructed in 1896 according to the foundation stone mounted on the eastern elevation.
It was designed by Howdill and Howdill Architects, based in Leeds. They had a considerable two to three generation practice that have accounted for many of the important mid to late 19th Century buildings in Leeds and Northern England, particularly ecclesiastical structures.
The PassivHaus Architecture Company have obtained planning permission to convert the Mill into a modern office premises for our client, O.R.M.Ltd, a leading kitchen manufacturing company which includes the Cash and Carry Kitchens company.
We have also achieved the Disability Access Certificate and are in the process of securing the Fire Safety Certificate and completing the tender package for construction next year.